Domain 1: Professional values and behaviours
Domain 2: Professional skills
Domain 3: Professional knowledge
Domain 4: Capabilities in health promotion and illness prevention
Domain 5: Capabilities in leadership and team-working
Domain 6: Capabilities in patient safety and quality improvement
Domain 7: Capabilities in safeguarding vulnerable groups
At completion of ACCS a trainee will be able to:
- Pre-operatively assess, optimise and prepare patients for anaesthesia
- Safely induce, maintain and support recovery from anaesthesia including recognition and management of complications
- Provide urgent or emergency anaesthesia to ASA 1 and 2 patients requiring uncomplicated surgery including stabilization and transfer
- Provide safe procedural sedation for ASA 1 and 2 patients
- Understand the risks, aetiology, treatment and control processes of infection including the need for and ability to perform an aseptic non-touch technique.
- Pre-operatively assess patients suitability for anaesthesia, prescribe suitable pre-medication and recognises when further investigation or optimisation is required prior to commencing surgery and adequately communicate this to the patient or their family.
- Independently provide general anaesthesia for ASA 1 and 2 patients requiring uncomplicated elective and emergency surgical procedures
- Recognise and manage complications associated with induction, airway management, maintenance and termination of anaesthesia.
- Utilise appropriate perioperative monitoring and effectively interpret the information it provides to ensure the safety of the anaesthetised patient.
- Work as an effective of the multi-disciplinary theatre team.
- Safely care for a patient recovering from anaesthesia, recognise and treats the common associated complications and manage appropriate post-operative analgesia, anti-emesis and fluid therapies.
- Plan and deliver safe sedation using appropriate agents for ASA 1 and 2 patients requiring procedures in the theatre suite.
- Will be able to pre-operatively assess, optimise and prepare patients for anaesthesia
- Will be able to provide urgent or emergency anaesthesia and perioperative care to ASA 1 and 2 patients requiring uncomplicated elective and emergency surgery
- Will be able to provide safe procedural sedation for ASA 1 and 2 patients
Level 2b by end of ACCS